Roo’s Closet is located upstairs in Roo’s World of Discovery indoor play and learning space. We accept seasonal children’s clothing from preemie to 5T in excellent used condition; new to nearly new shoes; maternity clothing; and, some gear. We also accept toys and books.
To prepare to consign:
- Please inspect clothing and accessories at home for spots, lint, broken zippers, missing buttons, pet hair, moth holes, or odors (perfume, tobacco, etc).
- Please launder or dry clean and press items before you bring them in for consignment; remove dry cleaning tags and plastic
- We do not accept items out of storage unless they have been freshly laundered and pressed
- All clothing must be in current fashion
- We accept bargain brands (Carters, Gymboree, etc.) and they must be in exceptional condition/with tags, are a complete set, or are a rare find)
- We will not accept dirty, stained or damaged items because they won’t sell and cannot be donated; any items needing steaming or ironing will be charged $1
- Gear must not appear on the recall list, be clean, and include all required pieces. User manuals are appreciated (batteries not required)
- Toys must be in complete working condition; small parts/pieces should be in a Ziploc bag and taped to the item
- Books should not be ripped/stained; topics should be parenting or appropriate for children birth to five years old
Clothes in season sell the best:
Spring/Summer – March 1 through July 31
Fall/Winter – September 1 through January 31
Halloween – September 1 – October 15
Holiday – November 1 – December 15
Winter Gear/Boots – September 1 – December 31
Rain Gear/Boots – All year!
In February and August, we hold a clearance sale and all clothes are marked down. For those wishing to have unsold items returned must pick up their items no later than January 31 and July 31, which are the final dates that you are able to pull your unsold items from the racks before they are marked for clearance.
We do DAILY discounts during the week:
- MONDAY 25% off all shirts and tops
- WEDNESDAY 25% off all pants/skirts/dresses
- THURSDAY 25% off all toys
- FRIDAY 25% off all baby gear and maternity
What We Accept
- Designer maternity clothing
- Infant and toddler clothing (preemie to 5T)
- Infant and toddler shoes in new or nearly new condition
- Designer diaper bags
- Cloth Diapers
- Stokke, Mamaroo, and Nuna gear – you receive 50% of the final consigned sales price, once sold (Please check for recalls)
How to Consign
You can bring your items on Mondays and Thursdays from 9:30am-2:30pm, but please limit it to no more than 25 items per visit as we are limited in space. For gear, please call in advance to see if we will be able to take it to save you the trip of lugging a large item down.
Once we have your items in hand, we choose what we think our customers will love. Items that don’t sell can either be picked up (within four business days of being dropped off) or they will be donated to a local charity.
We will email you a consignor receipt within seven to 10 days of dropping off the items.
Please do not be offended if we say “No, thanks!” to any of your items. We are exceptionally picky on our customers behalf.
Your Share of the Profit
You receive 50 percent (store credit) or 40 percent for a check of the final selling price of the items you consign with Roo’s World. If you prefer a check, and your item(s) sells, the money is available the month following the end of your 60-day consignment period. For example: Bring your items on March 15, they will sell through May 15 and the money would be available by June 15 by a check that can be picked up in the store.
We set our prices by discounting 50 to 80 percent from current retail prices, depending on the condition.
We keep your items on the floor for 60 days. We do our best to sell your items at full price, but they may be marked down on or about day 20 and day 40. At the end of a selling season, they may be put in a promotional sale. Your consignment split is based on the final sale price, not the initial listed price.
If An Item Is Unsold
We work hard to make sure all of your pieces sell! If after 60 days your items have not sold, they will be pulled from the sales floor. You have the choice to pick up these items or donate them.
If you would like to donate your unsold items, you don’t need to do anything—we’ll take care of it. We love to support our community by donating items to children and expectant mothers in need.
If you choose to pick up your unsold items, please refer to the pick up date you were given when you dropped off your items. It is your responsibility to remove your items from the racks on this date; otherwise, they may be donated. Please note: It is your responsibility to keep track of your expiration dates. We do not have the capability to send you notifications. The expiration date of each item is clearly marked on your consignor receipt.
Unsold, un-retrieved items become the property of Roo’s World of Discovery. We donate most of our unsold items to Eastside Baby Corner, which benefits both moms and children in need. We do reserve the right to donate unsold items to other organizations or use them in special sales.
Please note, we will do our very best to safeguard your items, but we are not responsible for damage or loss due to fire, theft, accident or other cause.
We like maternity brands such as, but not limited to:
- Liz Lange Collection (blue label)
- Isabella Oliver
- Michael Stars
- Japanese Weekend
- Paper, Denim, and Cloth
- Juicy Couture
- Joe’s Jeans
- Citizens of Humanity
- Rock and Republic
- Chip and Pepper
- Paige Premium Denim
- Maternal America
We like children’s brands such as, but not limited to:
- Mini Boden
- Janie and Jack
- Hanna Andersson
- Pumpkin Patch
- Bu and the Duck
- Livie and Luca
- Petit Bateau
- See Kai Run